What is cognition?
The mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.
What are Cognitive Services?
Cognitive services are a set of APIs that are designed to democratize artificial intelligence by enabling systems to see, hear, speak, understand and interpret our needs using natural methods of communication.
What these services generally do is bring structured semantic data to human knowledge I/O with a degree of confidence.
Custom Speech Service
|Bing Spell Check
Bing Image Search
Bing News Search
Bing Video Search
Bing Web Search
Microsoft / Technical Community Content
Visual Studio 2017 – (community Edition / free to download)
https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services – Activate Account for Cognitive Service
In this tutorial we will cover Bing speech Api for speech to text (STT) using wpf application in visual studio 2017. First we will start from how to get keys for Bing speech Api.
To register for Bing speech Api perform the following steps.
- Navigate to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/try/cognitive-services/
- Navigate to speech tab and select Bing speech api and press get api key.
- Select I agree and Your region as shown in image
- Login With Microsoft account to get your api key
- Save your key
Now It’s time to create wpf application using visual studio 2017. Please follow the steps describe below,
- Open Visual studio 2017 ,In my case I am using community Edition .
- go to file menu,Click New then project
- Select WPF App (.Net Framework) from ,expand Installed > Templates > Visual C# > Windows Classic Desktop > and select WPF App (.NET Framework).
- Then inside Solution explorer, right click your project and click manage nuget packages,
- Inside the NuGet Package manger window navigate to browse tab and search for Microsoft.ProjectOxford.Speech and install both x-86 and x-64 version.
- In Solution Explorer check your references Speech Client will be added.
- Now almost all set up is done ,let’s dive to app design, copy following code to your MainWindow.xaml file and replace the code between <Grid></Grid>.
8. Paste following code to MainWindow.xaml.cs